Our Birth Doula Teams
Please click on a team member to learn more.
Advanced Doula Team
Our Advanced Birth Doula Team is comprised of very experienced, accomplished birth doulas with a more increased knowledge base. This amazing team is known for helping with complicated births, families wanting increased support, and anyone needing the reassurance of a highly qualified birth doula.
Junior Doula Team
Birth Doula Labor Support
The importance of a birth doula has been documented worldwide. A birth doula can help you ensure access to the birth of your dreams.
Birth Doulas are non-medical professionals that are experts at providing for the physical and emotional well-being of their clients.
We believe all birthing people deserve access to continuous labor support regardless of their financial ability to pay. Contact us for more info.
Ready to Meet our Birth Doula Team?
Coming to our Meet the Doula sessions offers a number of terrific benefits:
Our Birth Doulas know birth. They are trained to be perceptive to know what you need as you need it and even before you know you need it. Part of our birth doula’s job is to be knowledgeable of all aspects of birth and to share that information with you without bias or judgment. We are overachievers in birth. We stay up-to-date with evidence based information tailored to the specific needs of your situation. Because we operate as a team, we are able to support one another and share information and resources after each and every birth amongst our team. Our collective experience helps to support you calmly with assurance. This is most likely going to help you remain calm and focused as well. They are trained in a number of different comfort measures in order to help ease the pain of contractions and birth while offering tried and true relaxation techniques to keep you focused. We are well versed in many different ways to make birth as comfortable as possible for you. Because much of our training is developed after the Midwifery Model of Care, each and every one of our doulas has unique tools and techniques to help you have the birth you want no matter where or how you birth.
We will support you and your partner continuously throughout labor, during birth (and afterwards), while never leaving your side.
We will arm you with pertinent information that will equip you with the confidence to advocate for yourself before, during, and after you give birth. Our birth doula will keep you informed continually in order to prevent confusion or lack of preparation in the event of any unexpected decisions that may have to be made during your labor or birth. With commitment and dedication, we will help you weigh the risks and benefits in order for you to make the best informed decision for YOU. Having one of our birth doulas by your side is crucial in effectively taking control of your birth.
Clinical studies show the benefits of working with a birth doula include:
- 50% reduction in cesarean rates
- 25% reduction in the length of labor
- 60% reduction in the rate of epidural use
- 40% reduction in the need for forceps
- clinically significant, increased breastfeeding rates
Other benefits include:
- higher levels of confidence in partners as coaches
- increased maternal sense of satisfaction in the birth
- overall sense of well-being following delivery
- easier transition into parenthood
Discover more benefits of having a birth doula here.
Your birth doula will meet with you prenatally, offer phone support, provide early labor support in your home, and work with you throughout active labor and birth in your chosen setting. The doula that attends your birth will make at least one follow-up visit during your early postpartum period.
Discover more about what to expect from your doula here.
All Birth Packages Include:
- In-person labor support by either your doula on call or your chosen solo doula
- Built-in back up support from one of our team members (no surprises!)
- In-depth education and resources tailored to your needs
- Discounts on Childbirth Education
- On-call support from date of hire onward!
- At least 1 Prenatal visit in order to discuss your preferences and needs
- Access to our private Mommy Group, By Invitation Only, in order to meet other expecting parents and parents of newborns
- Help creating your very own effective Birth Plan
- 1 Postpartum visit with breastfeeding support
- Access to our extensive lending library of books and DVD's
- Continuous labor support
- Breastfeeding assistance after delivery