Looking for a Weekly Series?
Our Lamaze childbirth class series will give you all the information you will need to feel confident as you go into your birth and equip you for a satisfying postpartum journey. This class is perfect for those desiring a group setting with the opportunity to meet and engage with other families, but also need an option that will allow them to digest an abundance of information over time. Open to all couples and expecting people, this class is fun, energizing, and sure to get you thinking about the birth you desire. Learn tips and tricks to create the birth of your dreams. Even if things don't go exactly according to plan, we have you covered. You will learn workarounds, the what if's, and how to avoid interventions through movement, education, and applied practice. This is also our one course that will safely integrate the must know's of newborn care, breastfeeding, and postpartum considerations in the same class.
What's covered in this class?
This is a five session, regular version of our Lamaze Certified Childbirth Education with a little "extra." This platform is focused on assisting expecting people and their partners in preparing for a natural or medicated birth experience. A workbook is included to use as a reference guide during labor.
PLEASE NOTE: The instructor is an active birth doula. While this class runs 4 sessions, plan on a small possibility of a reschedule date due to a birth on the 5th Tuesday of the month, or the one following the last scheduled class.
This class is full of evidence-based childbirth and postpartum information that will get you thinking about your birth and prepare you to deal with anything that may come up with more confidence.
Topics included are:
- Birth as a Natural Process- How your body actually HELPS you through your birth!
- Anatomy of Birth- How does your baby get out?
- Pain Management Techniques- Yes! You can learn how to be more comfortable during your birth!
- The Benefit of Positioning- How you move and how you position yourself can truly impact how you feel during your birth and how fast your birth happens.
- The Truth Behind your Due Date- It's not a cut-and-dry as you think!
- Stages of labor- What to expect as you travel through your birth experience.
- Signs of progression- How to know if you are making progress, without going to your place of birth!
- Variations of labor/ birth- Yup- no births are alike, so we discuss how different birth can look like and variations that you may encounter.
- Interventions, medications, and C-sections- What you could see if you birth in a hospital setting. By learning about them now, you will better understand what questions to ask if your care provider requests their use.
- Basic Comfort Measures
- Basic Breastfeeding
- Basic Newborn Care
- And so much more!
What more do I need to know?
The class is available every other month only! Please check your calendars and make arrangements to come to this fully informative series!
Please bring a snack + two pillows to each class.
This series costs $350 per couple. Registration includes 8 hours of instruction, workbook, and hands-on practice to techniques with in-person instruction. **Includes FREE birth plan and admission for 2 to a birth planning workshop!